I am trying to write a fiction novel centralized around a young girl who learns a lot about life from a grungy, 27 year old that manages a local coffee shop. I currently have a little over 4,000 words written, and like what I see. My protagonist is a sassy, teenage girl trying to figure out what she is going to do after graduation. Her best friend is a beautiful, intelligent, type A personality that is absolutely wonderful. She can be arrogant and cocky, but at the end of the day she has a heart of gold.
I think writing is therapeutic and I am sure many writers use their craft to secretly get revenge on those that did them wrong. I am odd, and take people I hate and turn them into hero’s. The hero in my book is based off someone I actually hate. He is a loser, with a shitty personality and looks like he is in his 40’s when he is in his 20’s. I think it’s important for us to forgive these types of people, and let go of getting revenge on them, it puts you at peace to take negative people and turn them into positive characters.
Alright. I get it. My generation is sort of obsessed with themselves, because well we are the MTV generation, the social media effected, self loathing narcissistic, ungrateful brats that have no interest in working, yet we want to be rich and famous. We have let all of this nonsense that has been shoved down our throats go to our heads. AH! Naw bitches, naw. We need to forget about the lame shit that previous generations say about us, because the millennial generation is one that did not grow up thinking women should be pregnant baking pies in the kitchen, and the majority of us do not have negative opinions about gay marriage, plus we grew up working on computers, and that is not a bad thing. They took over the world. More and more millennials are finding success building their own businesses, for example, Facebook one of the largest social media sites was founded by Mark Zuckberg, and his peers who happen to be MILLENNIALS! Instagram was also founded by two millennials, so before you go and knock us remember we are not all lazy, selfie posting assholes.
I live in a world where reality tv makes people super famous for no apparent reason other than they do not mind looking like fools on tv, and I really do not care. If some producer offered me a nice chunk of change, to act like an idiot on TV I would ask them for a pen so I could sign the contract. I am sure most people would do the same. This is my world, this is our world, the millennial world. What are your thoughts?
I am kind of an asshole, and as a proud asshole, over the years, I developed a variety of pet peeves. These actions, words, and motives drive me CRAZY!
1. People that look over my shoulder while I am on my phone and read my text messages. If you are going to be a nosy bitch, at least be discrete about it.
2. Hypocrites. Oh dear God fucking HYPOCRITES. Please do not ostracize someone for doing the same thing you did an hour ago, you do not look mature, or like you are giving awesome advice. You look like a foolish dipshit,
3. Pretend friends. These people mask themselves as your friend, however they have an ulterior motive. Typically they simply want to use you for something, or to get to someone. If you think you have any of these in your life please do yourself a huge favor, and chuck them to the curb. You do not need these kinds of people in your life.
4. People that spit their gum out right near a damn trash can. Are you seriously that lazy?
5. People that want to live through their spouse’s success. Whether you like it or not, your spouse’s success does not belong to you, perhaps you should go out into the world and find your own.
What are some of your pet peeves???? COMMENT!! The 2nd episode of Snarky TV will be about Pet Peeves, and will be shot on a brand new camera! 🙂 I hope you enjoy it.
Customers everyone hates! enjoy!